Thursday, December 13, 2007

Bountee ( UK)





Had a nice email from Steve from a Uk based shirt company called Bountee. Steve seems like a great bloke. His sites pretty sweet too. It has a great concept.

Basically to cut a long story short, Bountee are using direct to print methods to produce their shirts. This is in layman's terms is sticking a tshirt through a printer, sceptical??? Don't be, I've touched one with my own hands and it's pretty effing good. It enables Bountee and their customers an enormous amount of freedom. Customers can create their own designs just how they want them and then sell them through their shop. Seeing as they print their shirts to demand there is no excess stock and therefore no risk. If nobody likes a particular design it doesn't matter, they havn't lost out and they don't have tonnes of stock lying around. I'm sure the customers and designers love this too, it gives everyone a great deal of freedom. Anyways, I would advise you to check them out, theres something for everyone on there, that's the beauty of it.

I posted up a couple of my faves, the top one being the Peter Saville/Joy Division inspired 'D.A.N.C.E' by a designer called Progeny, and the other below called 'Progress Marches On' by a chap with the name Steve218. I'm sure you will have your own favourites.

No comments: